Sunday, September 21, 2008

First Post/"Hyperactive"

Welcome to my blog.
I'm writing this blog for a class I am taking, called Electronic Music. So you might be able to guess what I'm going to blog about.... Eurythmics. All Eurythmics all the time. Annie Lennox, a pioneer in Electronic Music. Kidding, but in all serious you should check out her music video starring Hugh Laurie. In actuality, I will be writing about everything and anything that tickles my fancy and is related to Electronic Music. Luckily, the internet is a vast and plentiful source for things to talk about—or in intraweb terms, it's quite "bloggable".

That being said, I'd like to start off by talking about one true pioneer in electronic music and in film: Lasse Gjersten. Lasse is a Norweigan experimental filmmaker who dabbles in electronic music. His videos have received tens of millions of views online. So Lasse is quite the Youtube celeb, and mainly because of this video: "Hyperactive". Without having any skill or experience on the piano or drums, Lasse found a way to play. Recording each key on the keyboard and each hit on the drum on video, Lasse built the song on Fruity Loops matching his recorded sounds to the notes on FL. He then cut the video according to the composition he produced on FL, and this is the masterpiece he came up with:


Over and out,
Max

No comments: